Medical Secretary – Bank Position
We are currently recruiting for a skilled and experienced Medical Secretary (bank) to join our busy team at St Hugh’s Hospital. You can find a full information pack below.
Key CompetenciesThe main role responsibilities will be to provide administrative/secretarial support to all Consultants undertaking insured and NHS primary care trust referrals. Main responsibilities include;
- Providing a typing service for Consultants who have contracted the Hospital to provide private and NHS secretarial facilities for them, maintaining accurate records. Ensuring invoices are raised for this service in line with the hospital’s requirements.
- To provide an efficient and professional typing service to Consultants caring for NHS / Clinical Commissioning Group patients.
- Ensuring results that come through are highlighted to Consultants in a timely manner and filed correctly into patient notes.
- To be proactive in ensuring all urgent results are highlighted to relevant Consultant/Department and action is taken.
- Ensuring all signed mail is sent out in a timely manner
- Answering phones and dealing with queries from GP surgeries, patients/relatives and other health care professionals.